Friday 12 March 2010

New Course on Mental Skills


Well I have had a lay off in posts on this blog recently for lots of reasons. I have been in the midst of collecting data for my MSc Dissertation. It is proving a time consuming project, however I am noticing evermore frequent trends in behaviours with the guys that I am coaching. Frequently I am finding similar trends with people which I will publish in the forthcoming report.

We are focused on performance and how different strategies can be used to regulate oneself in high pressure environments. Arguably the flight deck is the one of the most stressful places to work, which calls for the individuals working within that environment to be in touch with their 'game', to be able to aviate, navigate and communicate in a manner which is performance enhancing to the rest of the individuals on the flightdeck.

I have conducted several goal-setting sessions recently which have allowed individuals to open-up and discuss their concerns, and also discuss what it is that is preventing them from achieving the results they so dearly strive for. For example one individual recently had some issues especially when it came to performing in flying tests. So how does one deal with that from a coach's perspective. We can help you outline how to perform under stress. One can easily and effectively learn the strategies to embrace success and take yourself to the next level. More to follow on how this individual coped with his predicament and went on to much bigger and greater things.

No comments:

Post a Comment